Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sarah - Day 8 (FINALLY!)

Phewf… Day 8 = Shredded.

Due to a very hectic schedule (even more hectic than usual, which I wasn't sure was possible) I skipped three days in a row. THREE. DAYS. That made Day 8 particularly gruesome. It was still waaaaaayyyy better than Day 1, but my body sure as heck noticed those three days let me tell ya.

I have a question though…. hopefully some of our readers are fitness buffs, or at least remotely educated on anything fitness cause that's about a thousand steps ahead of me. Sooo, I definitely hurt my knee. I think I posted a few days ago that I thought it was hurt.

While I was NOT shredding it was still bothering me, like in every day life, but I just attributed it to my abrupt departure of any physical activity.

BUT…………….. it was really hurting during the shred today. Like REALLY REALLY hurting. Like I considered stopping hurting. I just pushed through. I did all of the exercises (still girl push ups, but whatev) but, is that okay? Will I "injure" it more by just pushing through? Will it eventually just stop hurting if I keep going? Is there anything I can do to make it get better?

Yowch.

So, my left knee is killing me… And my right ankle is bothering me too. I'm not uber concerned about my ankle, I broke it when I was a kid and it didn't heal quite right so every now and then it bothers me but it always gets better.

My knee though, that's another story. It's hurting a lot. :(

Any tips and tricks would be VERY much appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so it's the next morning and my knee is hurting more. Also, my ankle (the one I wasn't worried about) is killing me. I'm sort of hobbling around and it hurt really really bad when I took my boot off.

    I think I'll stop by a pharmacy and get an ankle tensor thingy and a knee one. Hopefully it'll be enough support that I can still shred and not be so uncomfortable the rest of the time.

    I don't even know what I did. Weird.

    Anyway, tips and tricks are still appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quit shredding. Eat a bag of Chips Ahoy! cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMILF… Have you been spying on me?? I didn't eat the WHOLE bag (in one sitting)……..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no buff. Like, at all... But I would be careful with your knee, I'm pretty sure you can cause some problems by pushing through. I'm a yoga girl...and the biggest thing about yoga is ... get ready for it ... 'listening to your body' Sounds dorky, but I think it holds true for shredding too (although I think you're supposed to ignore your body when it is being lazy, not in pain).

    mmmmmm cookies....

    ReplyDelete
  5. See a doctor at least! In the meantime, if there is any swelling use an ice pack 10min maximum at a time. If you can tolerate Advil it works as an anti-inflammatory. But get to the doctor...and I hate to say it...but I would rest it! Just my opinion...I am not a doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PUSH THROUGH! SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP! QUITCHER BOOOHOOOIN'...
    Just kidding, I totally want to quit lol...I say, "Rest".

    ReplyDelete