Monday, December 6, 2010

Sarah - Day 1

Hi, I'm Sarah. Like Mandy, I'm a single mom to a two year old girl. Also like Mandy, I have wiggly arms and a jiggly belly….. Let's be honest though. I have a jiggly everything. I'm not kidding…. EVERYTHING. I spend plenty 'o time obsessing about that when I should also be thinking of other things. Not my new boyfriend, that's Mandy. (I sometimes mistake my real life for the vicarious life I live through Mandy and her new boyfriend… But for blogging sake I'll stick to real life.)

Hey, new boyfriend or not I have a bazillion other things that I should be thinking about. Like the fact that I should get my DVD of Eclipse in the mail any day now and I can resume my fantasy romance with Edward Cullen. Okay, woah… Way off topic. That may happen from time to time, I apologize in advance.

My starting stats:
31 years old
5'4" 
138 lbs (For the record… the most I've ever weighed was when I was NINE MONTHS PREGNANT with my daughter and that was 136 lbs. Seriously, that's LESS than I weigh now.)

No upper body training in … ever.  I was doing 30 minutes on the elliptical 3-4 days per week for like two weeks, and that was maybe three months ago. In the past month I've been to the gym a total of ONE time. That's right folks… ONE. TIME. Ugh.

My goal is to just get into better shape, and to get to a place where I'm comfortable in my skin. No matter what the scale or the clothing label says… I just want to be comfortable and say goodbye to self conscious Sarah.

Now, let's get into the nitty gritty. The Shred.

Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't collapse in the shower and smash my head wide open before I had a chance to blog. I'm also surprised that my legs carried me all the way to the computer.

Today, the first day of The Shred, fate decided to shove a nasty trick down my throat hand me a nice surprise. You know, give me a test to see what I'm made of. It gave me a cold literally in an hour. Hit me like a ton of bricks.

Out of nowhere came a sore throat, uncontrollable sneezing, plugged/runny nose and sinuses, nausea, sore ears, a cough and a headache. Simply put… I was a vision of beauty.

Now, pair that with an over tired two year old who doesn't want to go to sleep, wear pj's, wear a diaper, or get out of the closet (where she declared she was having a time out)…. I was really not a happy camper.

But, I made a commitment to Mandy, to Jillian, and to myself to start The 30 Day Shred today and none of that was going to stop me! 

I finally got my daughter to sleep. And then promptly got my ace kicked like nobody's business. 

Seriously, how can that workout only be 20 minutes long? And how can that only be LEVEL 1?! I'm going to die.

I will say this, I'm damn proud that I stuck it out and did it anyway. I have a long history of taking any and every excuse not to exercise so this really is a big deal for me.

I thought maybe I could sweat the sick away… But now everything smells like perm solution so I'm not sure that you can actually "sweat the sick away". Maybe that was just a funny joke someone said once and I believed them. (Sarah = gullible… I wouldn't be surprised.) I wonder if you can damage the inside of your nostrils from getting your butt kicked by a workout video??

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Or to pass out right here in front of the computer. I haven't decided if I should try to walk to my bedroom tonight…. I'm not sure these legs will be cooperating after what I just did to them.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. You go girls I have every confidence in you's and you are like two peas in a pod..very fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girls! Now, I was living vicariously through Mandy's dating...now I am living vicariously through both of your exercising. You rock...I'm hoping by the time January 2nd rolls around (because Jan 1 is made for hangover food, which is never healthy), I am motivated enough to try my own Shred. Surely I can manage 20 minutes a day with a toddler and a baby crowded around my excercise mat, right?

    Seriously though...awesome! You're off to a super start...can't wait to hear more of your journeys! xox

    ReplyDelete