Monday, January 10, 2011

Sarah - Day 1.2

Helllloooooo! I bet you thought I was never gonna start again. I bet you almost forgot who I was….

Well, I'm back. I'm excited. I'm effing tired. I'm shredded.

Phewf.

Of course, my first day of my second attempt couldn't just be easy on me. Oh no. Talulah (who's been having issues going to bed lately) still wasn't asleep TWO HOURS past her bed time. Two hours. Goodness. It's so hard… SO HARD when bed time is such a battle and takes such a long time.

I swear, an hour and a half into it and I was ready to cry. (I bbm'd Mandy with a mini-meltdown.) I was scared that it was going to be midnight before I'd be able to shred. And I've been exhausted lately. EXHAUSTED.

Aside from Talulah not wanting to go to bed even though she's sosososososo tired, I've still been suffering from this damn insomnia bug. Seriously. I can't take it. It's SOOOOOO hard for me to get out of bed in the morning. Most days I want to cry.

Today at work, I was wiped. So wiped that I actually took a 20 minute nap under my desk during my lunch break. And I actually fell asleep. I'm totally doing it tomorrow too…. And I might try to smuggle in a pillow.

Anyway, tonight it was two hours past Talulah's bedtime and she still wasn't asleep. I left her room for the bazillionth time and listened. She was crying, but not really crying… More like tired complaining crying. So, I decided to shred through it and see if she'd be asleep by the end of it. I kept the shred volume low so I'd hear if she got worked up again. But she didn't…. And I shredded… And now she's asleep.

Thank goodness.

So, with my snazzy new shoes that I bought from The Running Room yesterday (spent two hours with one of the Running Room guys to find just the right pair) and my shock absorbing exercise mat I made it through an entire shred without any modified cardio! Yayaya!

Oh, and…. contrary to my earlier belief…. 3 lb weights are much heavier than chickpea cans. Much heavier. My poor flabby little arms are going to yell at me tomorrow. But hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Anyway, I'm off to shower and hit the sack. Cross your fingers that I don't get a visit from Mr. Insomnia tonight. He's an a$$hole.

OH! I almost forgot. I have yet to purchase a scale for at home. But I weighed myself at work on Sunday night and my starting weight is 138.6 lbs. (That was with all of my clothes and winter boots on…. I'm sure it doesn't make THAT much of a difference, but I'm feeling insecure and therefore wanted to mention it.)

Okay… for real. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Sarah! I'm very proud of you, and once again - we live parallel lives... Insomnia is plaguing me too. Yayaya for new shoes and weights.

    ReplyDelete